- How much does it cost to send an SMS?
- How do I buy SMS credits?
- Who pays for failed messages?
- Do BulkSMS credits expire?
There are three factors to take into account when considering the cost of sending an SMS:
- The cost per SMS in the SMS credit bundle purchased.
- The country or countries the SMS messages are being sent to.
- The route you use to send your SMS messages.
By registering and sending some (free) test messages you can verify exactly what the costs will be.
BulkSMS works on a prepaid basis. You can purchase credits online via Credit or Debit card, PayPal, Moneybookers or electronic funds transfer. Should you wish to pay via electronic funds transfer, our bank details will be available when you are logged in to your BulkSMS account and select Bank transfer.
You, as the BulkSMS account holder, pay for failed messages, that is; messages that were not delivered to a contact in your database.
There are two reasons for this:
- The networks charge us for all submissions regardless of the status.
- We expend more resources in handling failed messages as we re-try sending these messages to the network before reporting it as a failed message.
BulkSMS SMS credits do NOT expire. This means that your SMS credits will be available in your BulkSMS account for as long as you need them.