IVR Technology – Advantages & Disadvantages to Look out
IVR Technology, also known as Interactive Voice Response technology is undoubtedly very useful for the businesses to reap profits by increasing their customer base. Whether be it managing internal customer routing, simple and basic customer service or to detect misdials, it can do them all in a cost effective way. All that a company needs to do is to attach a single IVR number to all the numbers. By keeping technology and customer experience in mind, most of the leading voice companies in India build their IVR accordingly. Find out the advantages and disadvantages of IVR Technology below:
- Provides self service – Having an active IVR technology, customers can easily perform and make their own transactions without having to talk to anybody else. This is going to create happy customers who enjoy getting self served and often get impressed by the way the smart set up has been done. This process is not just time saving but also less expensive to live person interaction.
- Varied menu options – lets customers talk to the concerned person having the expertise to solve their problems. With a wide range of menu choice options, the IVR transfers the callers to the expert dealing with the respective area of query.
- Speed and accuracy – The callers can derive easy solutions to their problems through this speedy method. IVR helps the customers with desirable information in the fastest way possible with the help of this effective tool.
- Great source of information – Regardless of whether the employees are busy, not available or facing an outrage, the IVR informs the callers about the long wait and also provides with the option to call back later.
- Speech – At times, it becomes haywire as the desired person cannot be reached due to the difficult navigation. If people can follow properly the given instructions, open up their ears and listen, then they can directly speak with the right customer care person live in no less time.
- Too many options –Many companies allot and put in way too many menu levels and choices of options that make it easy for the caller to get lost. There are certain callers who get frustrated and end up pressing any number or simply hang-up without getting a solution to their issue. So, the best way to resolve this would be to keep the options limited and simple.
- Poor management – At times people get misled due to the wait time that stretches on for quite some time. If the executives are busy, making it clear to the callers and giving them an option to contact alternatively via mail or web will be the better idea. Too much of la-la-la music irritates the caller even more.
IVR system is therefore the most effective tool of marketing in today’s world. If the IVR technology is used effectively and in the right way efficiently, it can deliver a promising and a flawless customer experience besides building a stronger base of organizational competence.